Exit of winters and entrance of summers is the welcoming alarm for cotton clothes. No fabric is as cool and breathable in summers as Indian cotton fabric. The cotton clothes have undeniably taken the place of essentials in summers. These clothes are not only comfortable but also give you a classy and appealing look. These are the reasons behind the increasing popularity and use of cottons in different types of dresses.
In summers, this comfortable fabric is used in making short dresses, sarongs, scarves, skirts, shirts, tops and other Indian traditional outfits. Every time you wear your favorite cotton dress, it feels on top of the world to get compliments from your colleagues and friends. And you will definitely not like to stop yourself from wearing your favorite dress because of its faded colors or shine. Here are some easy tricks which can help you in making your cotton outfits look fresh and new, every time you wear:
• Do not wear cotton fabric in rains or winters.
• Dry cleaning is the best way to maintain the cotton fibers. But in case you do not want to dry clean your cotton fabrics, keep the following suggestions in mind to maintain the longevity:
Avoid machine wash. The delicacy of Indian cotton fabric clothes need hand wash for its maintenance.
If you want to wash your clothes in machine, than do not forget to separate the heavy weight or dyed clothes from the sensitive light weight cotton fabric attires.
While using machine wash, choose cold water setting and appropriate spin cycle to avoid tear and shrinkage.
Use tumble dry and fold them as soon as they are dried. Avoid direct exposure to sunlight for longer time period to avoid fading of colors.
In case of any type of deep stains, pre-soak the cotton in some stain wash detergents before washing.
• Use steam ironing or high temperature while ironing cotton clothes to get the wrinkles out.
• Keep your dresses away from alkaline perfumes in order to avoid any type of self-stained patches. Also, pay extra attention to the sweat accumulating areas like underarms and neck.
• You can take risk of keeping cheap cotton fabric anywhere but do not keep expensive cotton fabrics in hot places. Store them in cold dry places to increase their life span.
• Good airing is recommended for the fabrics. Take your cottons out for airing time to time.